The Barrel Selection Chardonnay is a small bottling of the most expressive barrel lots in a given vintage. The 2015 Barrel Selection Chardonnay is an elegant homage to the beautiful aromatics and flavor characteristics Chardonnay exhibits when the fruit is allowed to express itself.
The Barrel Selection Chardonnay is a small bottling of the most expressive barrel lots in a given vintage. 53% of the wine was fermented and aged in low impact new French oak barrels and the remaining 47% in seasoned French oak. This specific barrel treatment helps preserve the essential purity of the fruit while adding subtle notes of oak complexity. The 2015 vintage, as usual, did not undergo malolactic fermentation to further maintain the fruit’s natural acidity and aromatic freshness. The wine was bottled after just nine months of maturation with a weekly batonnage (lees stirring), putting the yeast lees in suspension in order to release subtle aromatics, increase the mouthfeel and prevent reduction.
Varietal Composition: 100% Chardonnay